Monday, September 1, 2008

The Job Search

So my hand is getting tired of filling out applications, I've done quite a few of them lately. I think so far I've applied to Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Lowes, Chili's, 2 different golf courses, a cafe, a restaurant, Dick's sporting goods, and I'm sure I've forgotten something in there. So far, no takers. I would love to work at Barnes and Noble, and I've had two significant conversations with the manager, who happens to be from Fontana, CA - so that was cool. But it looks like there aren't any openings right now. I'll keep looking though! The goal is to get a job that will not only help us pay the bills, but that will allow me to get to know people in the area and to better understand the community. So I'm trying to get jobs that will allow me to interact a bit with other employees as well as customers.

In other news, we might have a renter.... Pray hard!

1 comments:

man, I hope you find work in the area. Welcome to NC! My wife and I have been here only a few months. Looking forward to what God is going to do with your ministry here.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More