Monday, July 28, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was a pretty hard day. I preached in the morning service - my last Sunday here at First Baptist. I got through my message ok, toward the end some tears came. But then during the prayer time - I pretty much lost it. The church gave me a standing ovation for a long time, and so many people came up afterwards in tears to tell me really nice things. I described it to someone as being at your own funeral, where everyone says nice things about you and cries a lot. The reality of leaving is really starting to set in. Leaving our friends and my family behind is tough. Leaving the students here at FBCY behind is really tough. I'm fortunate to have four or five guys traveling with me across the country to help me move. It will be a fun time with them, sort of a last hurrah.

This week is basically a week to pack up my office and home, finish up some loose ends, and Friday morning I pull out of here. Crazy. I can't believe it. This is the hardest and easiest thing I've ever done. So hard to leave, so easy to follow where God is leading.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More