Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Citizens of Virtue

Ok, so I got a weird email the other day about this website called Citizens of Virtue. It was actually an invitation to some sort of game revolved around this website. Some how it was connected to Rob Bell's new book. Thus, my introduction to the world of ARGs (Alternate Reality Games). I don't really know how to explain this whole thing. It's basically like living in a movie like National Treasure - where everything is a clue. The object of this story is to find a guy named Xander Greene, the nephew of one Lila Greene who is concerned about her son's involvement with the Citizens of Virtue. He has gone missing and no one seems to have heard from him. So there's this whole group of people online who are contributing by figuring out the puzzle pieces. Clues have come from a phone number, from text message, songs, from sounds, from books, from the Bible, from hidden websites with secret passwords, from cryptic messages within song names, and all kinds of things. I can't believe that some one came up with this. I'm even more amazed that this is somehow connected with Rob Bell's book. I don't know if it's him, or the people around him, but I am continually amazed at the creative things that come from him, from Noomas, from Mars Hill, his books, etc. It's really unbelievable.

So, I'm guessing that if you read this, you might be really confused. I know it sounds crazy, but go to the websites I linked above. Start following the clues, look it up on Facebook, or through google. You can also call this number 1-888-64 VIRTU and dial extension 704. It looks like the game will last 7 weeks or more. So we'll see how this thing ends up.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More