Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Books

This has become sort of an annual thing for me now. I set a goal for how many books I want to read in a year, and then I keep track. In 2010 I had a goal of 24 books - 2 per month. I didn't quite reach that goal. So I kept that goal for 2011, and this year I nailed it. Here's what I read in 2011:

  1. From the top down - Lukaszewski
  2. The Next Christians - Gabe Lyons
  3. Storylines - Croft & Pilavachi
  4. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Covey
  5. Chuch Smith, a Memoir of Grace - Smith
  6. Momentum - Hickey
  7. Getting Things Done - Allen
  8. The Art of Curating Worship - Pierson
  9. Love Wins - Bell
  10. 7 Practices of Effective Ministry - Stanley
  11. Blink - Gladwell
  12. The Divine Mentor - Cordeiro
  13. The Principle of the Path - Stanley
  14. The Attractional Church - Hornsby
  15. Soulprint - Batterson
  16. The E-Myth Revisited - Gerber
  17. The Making of a Leader - Clinton
  18. Strong Fathers Strong Daughters - Meeker
  19. Lasting Impressions - Waltz
  20. Enemies of the Heart - Stanley
  21. Rework - Fried and Hansson
  22. EntreLeadership - Ramsey
  23. Taking your Church to the Next Level - McIntosh
  24. The Thank You Economy - Vaynerchuk
  25. The Flinch - Julien Smith (free on the kindle by the way, and a great quick read!)
Without going into detail on every one, my favorites were probably Strong Fathers Strong Daughters, EntreLeadership, and the Flinch. One thing I noticed is that I didn't read a single novel this year (though I guess I did read a couple of the narnia books to my daughter). So I need a novel or two for next year. I always tend to read things I want / need to learn about, but I need to squeeze in a few more just for enjoyment.

So, did you read any of these? What was your favorite read of 2011? What would you recommend make my list for 2012? I've got some work to do - my new goal is 36!

2 comments:

geez, you inspire me. i am shooting for 12 this year. it is fun to set a goal and keep track. i only read the first harry potter. it was great. but if you add that series this year , it would make your list like 50.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More