Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rain


It's funny how you have a certain perspective on things from living in one part of the country your whole life, and then suddenly you see something that shakes that. Last night it rained. I'm talking serious rain. Like Noah and the Ark kind of rain. I realized one thing for sure. I had never really seen a thunderstorm before. I have now. WOW! The sky was lighting up all over the place. We thought Kowe was going to die from a heart attack. She was panting, her heart was racing, her eyes were totally bugging out, it was pretty crazy. I wish I had a picture of that. I tried to take a few pictures of the rain but nothing seemed to capture the severity of how hard it was coming down. Anyway, I was thinking about how in the Bible a lot of times God's grace and his favor are often compared to rain on a dry land. Now we don't really live in a dry land, but I've been feeling pretty dry lately on a personal level. I think the lack of real relationships, the lack of direction right now, and the stress of finances and all of that are making me feel kind of swallowed up. We've been feeling a bit discouraged to be honest, so rain is beautiful. I pray for rain in our lives as well.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More