Friday, June 6, 2008

Fundraising

We are in full on fundraising mode at this point. After a couple of weeks of accumulating names and addresses, our first letter has been sent off. We need to raise quite a bit of money - something like $3000 per month of support. It's quite a challenge and quite overwhelming. I hate asking people for money. It's really difficult for me to do. Aside from letters, there are some people that I have set meetings up with and have begun to share our vision for what God wants us to do. That's kind of fun because I get to talk about something that I have a passion for. I hope that people get a sense of what it is that God is putting on my heart and catch a vision for how they can help make it a reality. It's really important to me to have the support of my family and friends and so I'm looking forward to seeing how they respond. I know that God will take care of us, but it is a pretty stressful time nonetheless. In addition to trying to raise all this money, we need to sell our house. Although, more recently I am exploring the idea of renting it out. If we could swing it financially, that would actually be the better route for us, because this is a terrible time to try and sell a house. I wouldn't mind hanging on to it for two years or so and putting it back on the market then.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More