Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My most recent favorite moments as a dad

In no particular order, here is why being a dad has been awesome lately.


  1. Watching Hannah play soccer - seriously, so much fun. After five or six scoreless seasons in which she wondered if she would EVER score a goal - she now has 17 on the year. This week they beat an undefeated team 4-1 and Hannah scored all four goals. PROUD DAD.
  2. Wrestling - my kids new favorite pastime and mine too. A week or so ago I had one of the fullest, busiest, tiring days I've had in a long time. When we got home the kids and I had an epic wrestling match for the ages. Just when I didn't think I had any energy left, they managed to find a few more drops to squeeze out of me. Loved it.
  3. Praying for Joy - My daughter Joy had eye surgery last week. It was scary and stressful, but I loved gathering the family around before the surgery and laying hands on her to pray for her. I love to see my kids pray for each other and for all of us to learn that kind of dependence on God. (And she is doing great by the way)
  4. Popsicles - Hannah's teacher told us a story last week. It seems that she dropped the class off at P.E. with the understanding that another teacher would take the kids from P.E. to their next activity. Before she left she told Hannah "You're in charge." I'm sure she was kidding. But when the other teacher never showed, Hannah took charge. She lined up her class and led them by herself to the next thing. When she arrived with a perfectly behaved class and no teacher it earned them all popsicles. She'll be running that school soon.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More