Monday, August 1, 2011

Courage Day 2011

Happy Courage Day!

Three years ago today my family and I said goodbye to CA and headed east to follow a crazy calling to plant a church. We celebrate the day every year now as a family holiday - Courage Day. Though this year our big celebration will be on Saturday (Kimi is planning something secret, anyone know what it going on?), today is that day and I didn't want it to pass without calling attention to it.

The church that now exists is the greatest church on the planet. I'm so proud to be part of this community of people and I'm blown away every day that I get to be part of it. Thank you STORYCHURCH for having the courage to follow Jesus wherever He leads us.

This thing is just getting started!

3 comments:

I think this is a great day for you and your family to celebrate. I know I will celebrate, because I am extremely thankful and glad y'all had the courage to make the move. I am just sorry it took me so long to connect with you and the church. Congrats!!!

We could have had a little party tonight. Didn't see this come around again so quickly.

Whoo..hoooo!! Thanks for having the courage to not just get started, but to stick with it when things got freakishly difficult and the path was so unclear!
It is pretty awesome to think that God is just getting this thing started. Can't wait for how the Story unfolds and what that means for us and many more to come. Seems like Courage and Conviction is part of our church culture and that's one of the reasons we love it.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More