Thursday, December 18, 2008

A busy week

It's been a great week so far. Monday night I got to do a ride-along with the Durham PD. It was an eye-opening experience to say the least. We responded to calls about shots fired, hit and run, and a home invasion robbery. The officer was very helpful to me as he took me on a tour of some of the worst areas of Durham. He introduced me to some people who are seeking to make a difference there as well, and I look forward to how that relationship might grow. I had a lot of fun though, and I hope to do it again sometime.

On Tuesday I had lunch with a pastor in Cary who is leading a really cool church over there. We had a lot in common, and it was an encouraging time for me.

Then Wednesday I had coffee at a cool little place in Raleigh with Bill Cummings of Lemonade International. I encourage you to follow the link to his organization and read about what they are doing in Guatemala. We had a really great conversation and I hope to have many more with him. I'm looking forward to how Story Church might play a role in what is happening among the poor of Guatemala.

Today we'll head over to Duke Chapel and take part in a candle light celebration of Christmas.

Then on Saturday, we're having a Christmas party at our house and inviting a ton of people. So I'm looking forward to that!

I've been using Twitter for a while now as sort of a test to see if it's worth using and I've really enjoyed it. It's been another tool that allows me to get to know people and to stay connected with others. If you have any desire to know more about what I'm doing on a day to day basis, you can follow me by clicking on the Twitter link on the right.

1 comments:

Jeremy... thanks for the "shout out"! I look forward to connecting again soon and to following what is going on with Story Church...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More