Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks

Being grateful is a good thing. I believe it is the primary way that we avoid greed, materialism, despair, worry, self-centeredness, and pride to name a few. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are my top 5 things that I am thankful for today.

1. God's provision - He always provides what I need, and that goes way beyond finances. I'm talking emotionally, relationally, etc.

2. My family - I am so blessed to have a beautiful wife and two amazing girls. They are a gift from God. Aside from my nuclear family, I have been able to connect with some extended family lately and it's been a huge blessing. Thanks to technology my cousin and I had a face to face chat via skype the other day - 14 years after the last time we had seen or talked to each other!

3. Community - Moving to NC was at first a lonely experience. God has blessed us with an amazing group of people that we are beginning to do life with here.

4. Encouragers - Not sure what else to call these people, because that's exactly what they are for me. It's an amazing thing to know that people believe in me, and are willing to give financially toward that and to lift us up constantly in prayer.

5. Creation - Wow. I've always loved being outdoors. The trees here, the wildlife, the beauty of lakes and creeks and fields. The garden of Eden must have been something to behold. I feel so connected to God when I'm outside wandering through the wild.

So what about you? What are your top 5?

1 comments:

You inspired me to do a top 5... So I just posted it on my own page. Thanks for the idea *swipe*

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More