Thursday, March 20, 2008

I can breathe today

So it's finally public. Kimi and I are moving this summer to plant a church in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina. This has been quite a week. Last week we told the church staff (aside from the few pastors who already knew), on Sunday we told our youth volunteers, Monday night I met with the seniors and told them, and then last night we told the rest of our students. Tonight I'll be telling our college students and talking with them about what is happening. Next week a letter will go out to the rest of the church, and finally it will be all done. It has been really difficult, even stressful, to be carrying around such a huge secret and unable to really talk about it to anyone. I feel quite relieved at this point.

So, there are lots of things to talk about - but to be honest I'm just kind of over talking about it right now. I'll write more of the details later, including some of the responses that we've gotten from people as we've began opening up about this new direction in our lives. But for now, I'm just glad I don't have to hold it in anymore and that I can finally be open and talk about it. God is good, and this adventure that we are about to embark on is something we are very excited about.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More