Saturday, December 8, 2007

Parade

Today was a nice relaxing day. We slept in this morning until 9 which was amazing, because Hannah hasn't done that in a long time. She sleeps longer when she comes in our bed, which is what happened last night. She tends to hog the bed, but seeing as how I got to sleep in, I didn't mind. After spending a couple hours around the house not doing much of anything, we remembered that the Yucaipa Christmas parade was today. Hannah has been looking forward to this for a while. Last year mommy went shopping and Hannah and I walked over to the church and watched the parade. They throw candy - which is what she really remembered and looked forward to. So even though mommy was driving, Hannah remembered that we walked last year, and wanted to walk again. She's a lot like me I guess - traditions are great! We watched the parade from in front of the church again, it was a lot colder this year. The bands and cars and floats went by, many of them throwing candy. Hannah was hilarious because she would run out in the street when they threw candy, but unless it was chocolate she would leave it laying there and come back empty handed. She knows what she likes and won't settle for anything else! Hopefully the same goes for boys one day.

After the parade my neighbor and I went Christmas shopping for the wives. I pretty much hate shopping - there's so much crap for sale, there's a billion people, and the whole thing just makes me want to run away. Despite all that, we had a good time. I was able to get a few things for Kimi which is great. I usually am one of those last minute shoppers so this is a bit unusual for me.

Mommy and Hannah are making Christmas cookies right now - another great tradition. I look forward to the benefits of that one - that is, the eating of the Christmas cookies. Anyway, it was a good day today. We've got church tomorrow and I need to get to work writing out my lesson.

2 comments:

Dude - you are so tough looking in that avatar picture of you. I love it. Thanks for the nice words on my blog. Let me know what's happening in your life.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More