Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday reflections

I just got back from a gathering of Story Church folks we call our "Dream Team." These amazing people are the ones that serve in so many ways in order to make the vision of Story Church a reality. It's kind of hard for me to explain what is happening in our community. What was once a vision in my head and heart is beginning to become much bigger. The thing with vision is that the more you give it away, the more it grows. Our people are getting it. And the excitement is contagious. Tonight we heard stories from multiple people that have found hope and life in Story Church after years of doing life apart from God. Today they are not only regularly attending, but are now serving and helping others to experience the hope that they are finding.


I'm just really proud tonight. I'm proud of who we are becoming as a church community. I'm proud of the heart and passion I see in our people. I'm proud of their willingness to serve, to become vulnerable with each other, and to share their lives with one another. And I'm proud to be their pastor. I can't wait to see what God does in us.

2 comments:

amen! i felt the same way

Sounds like a really great book. Going to check it out.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Please help a fellow brother out by surfing on over to http://www.hybridhondas.com. Well you’re there please click on an informational link or two.

Please spread the word to other brothers and sisters and be blessed.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More