Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Church Planting is Hard

We haven't even moved yet. And I feel swamped by this. I've been buried in budget planning, fundraising, team building, house selling, and ministry. My stress level is pretty high right now. I'm a worrier, and I think that's because I am kind of a control freak. I want to have everything figured out and planned out and yet so much of this is simply a step of faith. I don't get to have all the answers. It feels like everything I was holding on to for security is being yanked out from under me. The people I was totally sure were coming with us are now in question. The places I was sure I was going to be able to fund raise are now being pulled away from me. The money I was sure we were going to get from our house selling is now slipping away as the price continues to drop. My plans are falling apart. And maybe that's the point. This isn't about my plans, it's about His. I've always wanted my life and the things I do to be unexplainable apart from God. I want it to be clear that He is the reason for everything that happens - not me. It looks as though He is making sure that happens. I am running out of plan B's at this point. It's all going to happen according to His plan, His will, and His glory. And that's the way it should be.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More