Tuesday, April 15, 2008

For Sale

Today we signed the paperwork to put our house up for sale. It's been an insane couple of days of cleaning, fixing, and grooming. We leave tomorrow for a conference in North Carolina, so the goal was to get it on the market before we left. There are still a few things to do, but I think we're going to make it. I just don't know whether or not it's going to sell for what we would like to get out of it. It's already listing for way less than I had hoped, and the realtors seem to be preparing us for the worst. But, God is good - and He has called us to move and I know that He will provide for us and take care of all the details. The house is actually in the best shape it's ever been in. It looks really good right now - so I hope that someone jumps at it. It would be weird if it sold immediately though, because we aren't ready to move until August. It would quite a hassle to move in with someone else and to put everything in storage until we are ready to go.

I'm looking forward to this week in NC. Going there this time I will be going with a totally different set of eyes. I will be seeing it as a place that I am moving to, not just a nice place to visit. We hope to look at some houses while we are there. The conference should be great too. According to the brochure we have it should answer lots of the questions that I have right now. Questions abound right now. There's so much uncertainty about life here, life there, and everything in between. I wonder about money, about the move, about starting a church, about developing friendships, about a launch team, and so much more. God gave me some great encouragement this week though by getting to spend a few hours with Tony. He is praying hard about joining our team and it looks like God is moving him in that direction. I love Tony's heart and I am excited to hear him talk about things that are on my heart too. It seems like God is speaking to him in much the same way He has been speaking to me.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More