Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sick

Yesterday morning I woke up with the feeling that sickness was coming on. I could tell I was going to have a pretty nasty chest cough starting soon. Well, by last night I was feeling pretty bad. It was a long day of meetings, including 9 holes of golf with my pastor (sounds relaxing I know, but it was difficult the way I was feeling), and a couple hours of baseball practice. During the night I think I was running a fever as I went from freezing to hot every so often. So this morning I stayed home until after lunch time, watched the congressional hearing with Roger Clemens (say it ain't so Roger!), and a few episodes of Lost. Speaking of Lost, if you haven't watched it you probably shouldn't. It's quickly become an obsession with me and my wife. We borrowed the first three seasons from a friend and have been working our way through it. I go to bed thinking about characters, what's going to happen next, etc. and I wake up doing the same thing.

At any rate, I've been popping the pain relievers and hoping that will carry me through youth group tonight. I'm teaching through a series on the ten commandments still and I hate to miss a week for any reason - so I'm hoping I can talk tonight without coughing the whole time.

The rest of life is getting pretty crazy right now. I feel way busy with ministry and baseball and a new baby (which means we aren't sleeping very solidly right now). I pray that God will sustain me during this time. It's going to be a pretty intense 6 months.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More